An organisation’s technical environment presents threat actors with a variety of opportunities for breach and lateral movement. With reliance on technology growing in volume and complexity, even the most diligent security team can miss vulnerabilities in people, processes, and technology. This can lead to a cyber attack which brings reputational, financial, and legal problems.
Sapphire’s certified penetration testers work closely with customers to expose the tactics, techniques, and procedures an attacker would use to compromise their organisation. This allows them to comply with legislation, allocate resources more effectively, and set improved forward-looking cyber security strategies.
Benefit from a company with 25 years’ pen testing experience that complies with CREST, Tiger, NCSC and has maintained CHECK Green Light status since 2004.
Each pen test comes with comprehensive management and technical reporting, which can apply to historical results to understand an organisation’s security maturity journey.
With our analytical approach to penetration testing, your organisation’s current and previous known vulnerabilities are exposed.
A wide range of pen tests, including internal and external network level testing, web and mobile application assessments, security audits, vulnerability assessments, testing for standards such as CE Plus and NCSC CHECK, Red Teaming, and more.
Our penetration testing services are highly comprehensive and work to expose the tactics, techniques, and procedures attackers frequently use to compromise an organisation.
Contact our team today.
Penetration tests, or pen tests, are simulated cyber attacks via the use of ethical hacking in order to expose flaws in an organisation’s security measures. Tests are carried out by skilled cyber security professionals to attempt to find weaknesses in a particular security environment. For example, penetration testing can be used to reveal vulnerabilities in a network such as unsanitised inputs that are susceptible to code injection attacks.
Becoming a penetration tester involves gaining approved certifications, some specific to particular sectors and regulatory environments.
After a penetration test is completed and an organisation’s vulnerabilities are exposed, security controls can be enhanced to prevent future security threats.
Typically, carried out in 5 steps, including;
1. Planning. The pen test team receives the expectations and scope of the test from the organisation and starts information gathering to understand potential attack vectors.
2. Threat modeling/ Scanning. Once a list of potential targets is identified, the pen test team will begin scanning the attack surface to find out the crucial first phase of the attack chain. Typically, this is through web-facing assets or social engineering.
3. Gain Access. In this step, the pen tester uses the information gained in Steps 1 and 2 to gain access to the target organisation via a simulated attack.
4. Lateral movement. After gaining access, the pen test team continues this simulated attack by trying to move laterally through the environment towards the target. This often involves privilege escalation and other ‘low and slow’ methods designed to remain stealthy.
5. Reporting. In the last step, the tester will provide a detailed technical report of their findings. The report will include a vulnerability assessment identified based on type and host, a solution or remediation to the issue, and the risk to the overall organisation from any external cyber attacks.
With regular pen tests, an organisation can identify flaws in people, processes, and technology before an attacker does.
Security testing improves the security posture of your organisation by identifying the security weaknesses present and targeting the patches and other improvements that you need to make to policies and procedures.
As a leading cybersecurity firm in the United Kingdom, Sapphire can offer:
With 25 years of experience in cyber security, our pen testing team has a significant understanding of how to approach different environments via ethical hacking, leading to better quality results for your organisation.
Our pen testers are all ethical hackers who use custom toolkits and well-established commercial penetration testing tools to target your IT systems. This provides a unique and thorough security assessment which is not possible using automated scanners.
We value your experience with us. That is why we work in tandem with your company to provide the highest quality customer experience while delivering our cyber security services.
Sapphire’s penetration tests utilise agile and adaptive techniques to adjust to your business’s requirements. Our penetration testers can help your organisation expose security flaws and prevent attacks whether you are looking for support with an on-site project or require us to deliver our penetration testing services remotely.